Status of Technical Cooperation Project on NCDs
The Project Report of Technical Cooperation Project on Non Communicable Diseases was prepared by Tamil Nadu Urban Health Care Project with the following objectives.
- Strengthening the Health System to address the increasing demand of NCD and improve Health outcomes of the population of Tamil Nadu.
- Strengthening the capacity of Human Resources with the focus on improving service delivery for Non Communicable Diseases.
- Improve the coverage, quality and address gaps in Health Care services such as Prevention, Screening, Treatment and follow up of Non communicable Diseases in Tamil Nadu.
2. Activities proposed
- Train health care professionals on screening protocols and best practices similar to the internationally followed standards.
- Train health care professionals from selected core hospitals in advanced surgical techniques followed in Japan by the Japanese teams for cancer treatment etc
- HMIS – Training on data management, data intelligence and providing data to help in decision making related to budgeting, HR allocation etc., for team managing, HMIS and State Health Data Resource
- HMIS training with emphasis on developing monitoring and evaluation skills for follow up of cases.
- Capacity to improve the quality of health care services.
- Collaborate with international agencies to strengthen the laboratory services specialized for NCD related diseases.
- Knowledge Transfer Training for specialists from Tamil Nadu.
International Training at Japan for State level experts from Tamil Nadu
Type of Training
- CVD & Stroke Intervention Procedures
- Advanced Training in Cancer Surgery
- One month
Follow up on the International Training for experts from Tamil Nadu.
- Experts who underwent intervention training will impact training at State level in four regions for the other Surgical Oncologists and Intervention Cardiologists.
- International Training at Japan for Health Administrators and Policymakers
Content of Training
- Health Administration
- Implementation and Monitoring of NCD Program
- HMIS & Lab Strengthening
- Information Education and Communication
3. Current Status of the Project
The Project was recommended and forwarded to Government of India (GoI) by the Principal Secretary to Government, Health and Family Welfare Department vide D.O. Letter No. 30861 / EAP II -1 / 2017 – 2 Dated : 06.12.2017. The Project was approved by Ministry of Health, forwarded to Department of Economic Affairs who in turn has sent the proposal to Japan International Cooperation Agency.
Now the proposal is under the consideration of the Government of Japan